PDF version available here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BysBdKOpB3K8dzdmZENVTVd4TUE/edit?usp=sharing
Attended Ohio University’s E.W. Scripps School of Journalism.
Elected to the National Association of Black Journalists’ board of directors as student representative
Newhouse Foundation Scholarship NABJ, July 2009
Minority Journalism Scholarship Ohio Newspapers Foundation, April 2008
Voted most valuable, best reporter, best writer and most dependable by peers at The Post
March 2013 - Present
General Assignment/Political Reporter, The Boston Globe
• One of 5 writers who reports directly to the Metro Editor. Covers city politics, elections and breaking news.
• Contributed heavily to Globe’s coverage of the Boston Marathon bombings, including live reporting from the MIT shooting and Watertown shootout.
• One of two reporters leading coverage of the investigation into the murder of Odin Lloyd and the arrest of Patriots’ star Aaron Hernandez.
• Part of the team covering 2013 Boston Mayoral race, lead reporter on city council coverage. Contributed to coverage of 2013 Senate special election.
September 2012 - March 2013
METPRO Reporting Fellow, The Los Angeles Times
Sept. 2012 – March 2013
• Spent 6 months working for the LA Times as part of the METPRO program.
• Reporting for the breaking news desk, national team, City Hall bureau and entertainment staff. Wrote more than 100 online and print articles.
• Contributed to coverage of the 2012 Election Night, the Sandy Hook shooting, the Inauguration, the Christopher Dorner manhunt, the Grammy Awards, and the Academy Awards.
June 2012 - August 2012
Reporting Intern, The Boston Globe
• Reported for the Metro desk, covering political, education, features, crime, courts and breaking news.
• Completed a one-month reporting project, investigating a local youth baseball coach accused of sexually enticed his players. Brokered a partnership with the local Spanish-language paper for the project.
• Earned close to 50 print bylines, with many appearing on the front page.
May 2011 – May 2012
Editor-in-chief, The Post
•Managed a staff of more than 150 student journalists covering Ohio University as well as Athens County, Ohio.
•Oversaw a $50,000 budget and all long-term editorial planning
•Anchored 2011 local election coverage while also covering multiple city and campus beats.
•Has pitched and oversaw compelling investigative and enterprise coverage including multiple faculty and administrative scandals.
•Previous positions include campus editor and senior writer.
May 2011 – August 2011
Reporting Intern, The Wall Street Journal
•Reported and wrote for the Journal’s Real Estate team.
•Pitched stories while also covering monthly economic indicator reports.
•Had multiple stories featured in the A-section, as well as on section fronts.
•Contributed to the team’s Development’s blog.
•Wrote national articles on housing market as well as an analysis of the job market.
•Earned 20 print bylines, including more than five A-section articles
September 2010 - January 2011
Reporting Intern, The Columbus Dispatch
•Worked as a city desk general assignment/breaking news reporter
•Regularly featured on the front page as well as the Metro front.
•Contributed metro, health, science and feature reporting
•Work included coverage of FDA’s ban of Four Loko, the OSU-Michigan tailgate and a local archeologist’s dispute with Glenn Beck.
•Earned 71 print bylines during the course of the internship
June 2010 - September 2010
Reporting/Copyediting Intern, The Detroit News
•A Dow Jones News Fund intern.
•Spent time reporting for the metro and business desks. Covered a visit from the commerce secretary and investigated a corrupt non-profit.
•Had multiple stories featured on A1 and section fronts
Served as National Political Editor for Scoop44.com, a student-run online publication covering President Obama. Currently freelances for the Columbus Dispatch, and Neighborhood Voice, a monthly newspaper in Cleveland. Also an active member of the National Association of Black journalists.